This super easy and versatile applesauce recipe tastes even better after a day or two. It can be enjoyed immediately, however, served alongside savoury dishes such as this Cocoa-Spiced Pork Roast or with cottage cheese or creamy Greek yoghurt for breakfast.
Instant Pot Cinnamon Pear Applesauce
- 4 large apples cored and chopped
- 2 large pears cored and chopped
- ¼ cup water or sugar-free apple juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey preferably local
- Combine the apples, pears, water, ground cinnamon, and fresh lemon juice in your Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Add the lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 4 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Taste and add the honey to sweeten, if desired. Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth. (For chunkier results, use an immersion blender instead).
- Serve immediately, or transfer to airtight containers and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!