Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp dlive oil extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion medium, chopped
- 2 carrots large, sliced into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup beef broth preferably organic
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp honey preferably local
- 2 whole bay leaves whole
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh
- 2 sprigs thyme fresh
- Remove short ribs from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.4 lbs beef short ribs, Sea salt and black pepper
- Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add one tablespoon of olive oil once hot. Add seasoned short ribs and sear on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. (Work in batches, if necessary, adding more olive oil as necessary). Transfer seared ribs to a plate and set aside.3 tbsp dlive oil, 4 lbs beef short ribs
- Add the remaining olive oil, yellow onion, and carrots to Instant Pot®. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables become golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another 60 seconds.3 tbsp dlive oil, 1 yellow onion, 2 carrots, 4 cloves garlic
- Pour in the broth, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and honey. Stir to combine, gently scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon in the process. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes before turning the unit off.¼ cup balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup dry red wine, ½ cup beef broth
- Return the seared short ribs to the pot and add the bay leaves and fresh herbs. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 45 minutes.4 lbs beef short ribs, 2 whole bay leaves, 2 sprigs rosemary, 2 sprigs thyme
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure, if necessary.
- Remove the lid and discard the bay leaves and woody stems from the rosemary and thyme. Carefully transfer the short ribs and carrots to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- With an immersion blender, blend the pan sauces until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Serve the short ribs and carrots immediately over a bed of mashed potatoes or cauliflower. Drizzle with some of the sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 484kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 43gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 237mgPotassium: 926mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3428IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!