There are many variations to the classic mashed potatoes. Depending on the main dish, the humble mashed potato can complement a more flavourful main dish with just butter and salt, or boost the flavour of a lesser dish with some rosemary and garlic, or even some cheese. Even the type of potato can make a big difference to the flavour.
The possibilities are endless!
Instant Pot Rosemary and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lb Russet potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
- 4-5 large garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves finely minced (or 1 t. dried)
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth preferably organic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter cut into chunks
- Combine the potatoes, garlic, rosemary leaves, and broth in an Instant Pot®. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Add the lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and add the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or immersion blender until almost smooth, but still slightly chunky. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with butter and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!