These flavourful chicken thighs are perfect for dinner, while leftovers can be shredded to make healthy and delicious wraps for lunch the next day.
One trick to this recipe is to add enough liquid to the peanut sauce before cooking. If the sauce is too thick, the Instant Pot may not be able to reach adequate pressure. So, if you decide to add more peanut butter, be sure to adjust the amount of liquid.
Instant Pot Thai Style Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup sugar-free peanut butter
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey preferably local
- 1½ tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 3-4 green onions cut into thin slices
- Add sesame oil to Instant Pot and set the “Sauté” setting to high. Working in batches, if necessary, brown the chicken thighs, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat this process with remaining thighs. Remove and set aside on a platter.
- Pour chicken broth into hot container and gently scrape up brown bits from bottom. Add peanut butter to the hot liquid and stir until completely melted. Add soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add metal rack to the Instant Pot and place the browned chicken thighs on top.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove the lid when finished and transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Optional: To thicken sauce, select the “Sauté” setting and heat, stirring continually, until the excess liquid is reduced, and the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Turn Instant Pot off and return the chicken thighs and the juices that accumulated on the platter to the sauce and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, and green onions, if desired. Serve immediately with extra peanut sauce and your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!