This is a simple yet tasty recipe for when you want something sweet but don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking. You can add a variety of toppings, including Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting
A quick and delicious dessert cake which is ready very quickly. Top with our decadent Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for an extra special treat.
- 1½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease or spray a 9” x 13” pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just blended.
- Slowly mix in milk.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before topping with your choice of frosting.
- Slice and serve immediately, if desired. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 382kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 4gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 199mgPotassium: 61mgFiber: 1gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 773IUCalcium: 51mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!