Simple to make and goes with lots of cake recipes. You can switch out the chocolate for something different depending on the cake flavour.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Mix the butter and cocoa powder in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low-speed until all of the sugar is combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract, if using, to reach desired consistency.
This frosting is ideal for the Triple Layer Chocolate Cake.
Calories: 3511kcalCarbohydrates: 479gProtein: 11gFat: 190gSaturated Fat: 120gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 50gTrans Fat: 7gCholesterol: 490mgSodium: 50mgPotassium: 744mgFiber: 14gSugar: 446gVitamin A: 5697IUCalcium: 131mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!