These delicious treats combine the crispy crunch of crisped rice with the sweet hit from syrup and the slightly salty tang from the smooth peanut butter.
Just don’t eat them all at once!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup light or dark
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cup puffed rice cerial
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat granulated sugar and corn syrup in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring continually, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix to combine.
- Spread the Rice Krispies mixture evenly in the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a large glass bowl (or two separate bowls, if preferred). Heat for 1 minute and then stir. Then, heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour chocolate-butterscotch mixture over the cereal mixture in the baking pan and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 9 sections before serving. Enjoy!
To prevent lumps when melting the butterscotch chips, melt them in a separate bowl. For a thicker chocolate-butterscotch topping, double the amount chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!