What’s not to love about this recipe? Anything that puts chicken with apples is a winner. Then to add the universally loved bacon, oh my!
All that combined with the candied pecans and the crumbled blue cheese makes this sandwich a huge winner and big seller too. Sell your family on this delicious sandwich by making it fresh for them at home. They will certainly kiss the chef.
Grilled Chicken Salad With Apples (Cracker Barrel Applefest Grilled Chicken Salad)
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- ½ cup raspberry walnut salad dressing
- 1 bag iceberg, radish, carrot, romaine mixed salad greens
- 2 red eating apples cut into chunks
- lemon juice
- 4 strips bacon crisply cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp blue cheese crumble
- 2 tbsp glazed/candied pecans chopped
- extra raspberry walnut salad dressing or apple cider vinaigrette for dressing
- Put about ½ cup of salad dressing into a Ziplock type plastic bag.
- Add the chicken, seal and smash the chicken all through the dressing to coat chicken pieces evenly.
- Place bag in refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- When ready to make the salad, grill the chicken until cooked all the way through.
- Slice it thinly and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Divide salad greens between two plates.
- Place the apple chunks in a ring all around the outer edges of each plate, with red skin side facing outward.
- Top the salad with nuts.
- Placing the chicken slices in the center, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Break or crumble the bacon, whichever is your preference.
- Sprinkle or toss over the top of the salad.
- Serve with apple cider vinaigrette or another fruity, sweet salad dressing on the side.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!