Some secrets are so shocking that when you figure them out you are dumbfounded. This is one of those times. But, have some trust, the recipe turns out super delicious and you don’t realize it’s cereal in there. The spices blend to perfection and make your mouth super happy. Your family will call you a genius if you make this for dinner. They’ll beg for it later, so be prepared.
Cap’n Crunch Chicken With Spicy Creole Mustard Sauce (Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch Chicken)
Some secrets are so shocking that when you figure them out you are dumbfounded. This is one of those times. But, have some trust, the recipe turns out super delicious and you don’t realize it’s cereal in there.
Chicken Crunch Mixture
- 2 cup Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ½ cup flour all-purpose
- 25 to 30 chicken tenders
- 3 tbsp onion granulated
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 3 tbsp garlic granulated
- Spicey creole mustard sauce
- 1 tbsp pepper
Spicy Creole Mustard Sauce
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp celery chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp green pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼ cup hot mustard
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste to taste
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
For the chicken
- Grind cereals until crumbly in food processor, leaving some chunks a bit bigger than most.
- Using a shallow pan, spread crumbled cereal mix.
- Combine flour, onion, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs and milk in another bowl.
- Thoroughly dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Dip floured chicken in egg mixture, coating evenly.
- Dredge coated chicken in cereal mixture, coating well.
- Arrange on wax paper.
- In deep fryer, preheat oil to 325°F (165°C)
- Once oil is heated to desired temperature, deep fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Serve with spicy Creole Mustard Sauce.
- For the Spicy Creole Mustard Sauce
- Combine green onions, horseradish, garlic, red wine vinegar, onion, water, celery, cider vinegar, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, hot mustard, salt, cayenne pepper, and yellow mustard.
- Mix well.
- Serve on the side with the chicken.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!