The perfect starter and accompaniment to soups, salads, pastas, and entrées of all types, these bread sticks keep you coming back for more. They are addictive and delicious. The light seasoning makes them practically melt in your mouth. You might as well plan on making a double batch because the first few will be gone before you know it.
Butter Herb Breadsticks (Olive Garden Breadsticks)
For the Bread
- 1 packet active yeast dry
- 1½ cup water warm
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3½ cup bread flour
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tsp Olive Garden garlic seasoning or regular garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a warm bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast with warm water. Let sit for about 5 – 10 minutes, until foamy
- Add salt, melted butter and about 2 cups of the flour. Knead dough for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Divide dough into small balls, large enough to fill about ⅓ cup. Make larger if desired but not too large as your bread will rise.
- Roll and shape dough into cigar shapes. Place in baking pan at least 1 inch apart. Let stand for about 1 hour, covered a clean cloth.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 375°F. While baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder/seasoning and salt for brushing.
- Pull baking sheet out of oven, brush the bread sticks with the seasoned, melted butter. Return to oven, bake another 8 – 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining seasoned butter. Serve warm.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!