This flavorful and healthy Mediterranean-inspired dish is ready in less than twenty minutes. It features Italian gremolata – a simple green condiment made from a combination of fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. This version also incorporates a nod to Moroccan cuisine with the addition of preserved lemon rind for a bit of extra flavour and visual interest.
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Preserved Lemon Gremolata
This flavorful and healthy Mediterranean-inspired dish is ready in less than twenty minutes. It features Italian gremolata – a simple green condiment made from a combination of fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest.
For the tuna steaks
- 4 6- oz sushi-grade tuna steaks approximately 3/4” thick
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mediterranean sea salt to taste*
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons cut in half
For the gremolata
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp preserved lemon rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Clean and spray grates of a gas grill with non-stick cooking spray and set heat to high. Close lid until grill comes to temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley, lemon zest, preserved lemon rind, and garlic a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Open grill and place tuna steaks and lemon halves over direct heat. Cook tuna for 2 minutes per side for rare. Increase time slightly for medium, but do not overcook.
- Remove tuna and grilled lemon halves from heat and serve immediately topped with some gremolata.
Serve with our grilled marinated asparagus or another side of your choice. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 17gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 30mgPotassium: 205mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 1864IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!