This grilled marinated asparagus is a quick and easy side dish enhanced by the addition of a simple, yet tasty, Italian gremolata. Traditionally, gremolata consists of just three ingredients – fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest – and is used to top meat, poultry, and seafood. Here, a bit of preserved lemon rind is added for an additional pop of flavour.
Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Gremolata
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp Mediterranean sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 whole lemons cut in half
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
For the Gremolata
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp preserved lemon rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place asparagus in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinade.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high. Place asparagus and lemon halves over direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with gremolata and serve immediately with grilled lemons for squeezing and shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!