This grilled marinated asparagus is a quick and easy side dish enhanced by the addition of a simple, yet tasty, Italian gremolata. Traditionally, gremolata consists of just three ingredients – fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest – and is used to top meat, poultry, and seafood. Here, a bit of preserved lemon rind is added for an additional pop of flavour.
Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Gremolata
This grilled marinated asparagus is a quick and easy side dish enhanced by the addition of a simple, yet tasty, Italian gremolata.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp Mediterranean sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 whole lemons cut in half
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
For the Gremolata
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp preserved lemon rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place asparagus in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinade.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high. Place asparagus and lemon halves over direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with gremolata and serve immediately with grilled lemons for squeezing and shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!