Cinnabon has made a huge multimillion-dollar business selling delightful cinnamon rolls. You can probably already smell the sugar, cinnamon, butter and bread cooking just thinking about it. All those lucky Americans have to do is go to their local mall and buy one. But until Cinnabon makes its way over to the UK, you can easily make them at home. You’ll become the place to go for after-school snacks and your kids will run home fast.
Light & Yummy Cinnamon Rolls (Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls)
Cinnabon has made a huge multimillion dollar business selling delightful cinnamon rolls. You can probably already smell the sugar, cinnamon, butter and bread cooking just thinking about it.
For the rolls
- 1 cup milk warm
- 2 room temperature eggs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 4 ½ cup bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ ounce non-instant yeast
For the filling
- 1 packed cup brown
- 2 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon ground
- ⅓ cup butter softened
For the icing
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Heat the milk for 45-60 seconds in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warmed milk.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour into the yeast and milk concoction.
- Using your hands dusted lightly with flour, knead dough into a large ball.
- Spray a bowl with cooking spray, add the ball and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Coat the rolling surface with cooking spray or sprinkle flour on it.
- Roll dough to about 1/4 inch thickness into a 16 x 21 inch rectangle.
- Spread ⅓ cup softened butter over dough and sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over dough.
- Starting with the longer side, roll up dough. Cut into 12 large rolls.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish and place rolls in it.
- Cover and let rise about 30 minutes, until nearly doubled.
- While waiting for rolls to rise, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Bake rolls in preheated oven about 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix up the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and salt and combine well.
- Once the rolls are done, while still warm, spread the frosting on so that it melts into the roll.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!