“Zoo sticks” are a long-time favourite appetizer at the Canadian restaurant chain, White Spot. The crispy courgette sticks are served with cream “zoo dip” and are quite amazing.
Jungle Bites (White Spot Zoo Sticks)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large Zucchini (Courgette) chopped into 1/4 inch sticks
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup Regular bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Sour cream
- ⅓ cup Ranch dressing
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a pot on the stove to 375° F (190°C)
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and milk in another shallow dish.
- Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat the zucchini sticks in each shallow dish starting with the flour mixture, then the eggs and finally the bread crumbs.
- Mix the sour cream and ranch in a small dish and set aside. This will be the dip for your zucchini sticks.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove sticks and place on a paper towel for a couple of minutes to drain oil.
- Serve with the dip and enjoy.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!