“Zoo sticks” are a long-time favourite appetizer at the Canadian restaurant chain, White Spot. The crispy courgette sticks are served with cream “zoo dip” and are quite amazing.
Jungle Bites (White Spot Zoo Sticks)
"Zoo sticks" are a long-time favourite appetizer at the Canadian restaurant chain, White Spot. The crispy zucchini sticks are served with cream "zoo dip" and are quite amazing. If you don't want to deep fry, you can spray the sticks with oil and bake them at 350°F (170°C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 1 Large Stock Pot optional
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large Zucchini (Courgette) chopped into 1/4 inch sticks
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup Regular bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Sour cream
- ⅓ cup Ranch dressing
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a pot on the stove to 375° F (190°C)
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and milk in another shallow dish.
- Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat the zucchini sticks in each shallow dish starting with the flour mixture, then the eggs and finally the bread crumbs.
- Mix the sour cream and ranch in a small dish and set aside. This will be the dip for your zucchini sticks.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove sticks and place on a paper towel for a couple of minutes to drain oil.
- Serve with the dip and enjoy.
Adapted from: http://deep-fried.food.com/recipe/zoo-sticks-140635
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!