You can do a lot more with this Dog Sauce than use it on hotdogs. It would be great over fries, a baked potato, or even, gasp, eaten alone. So, don’t feel like you’re stuck just making a Coney Island Beef Chili Dog, no you can make a lot more with it. But, we’re not totally sure why you’d want to. But just in case.
Coney Island Beef Chili Dogs (A&W Chili Dogs)
You can do a lot more with this Dog Sauce than use it on hotdogs. It would be great over fries, a baked potato, or even, gasp, eaten alone.
- 1 Saucepan
- 2 oz beef frankfurter
- 1 regular hot dog roll
- 3 tbsp Coney Island Sauce
- 1 tbsp white onion chopped
- ½ tbsp mild cheddar cheese shredded
Chilli Dog Sauce
- Coney Island Chili Dog Sauce
- 1 lb ground chuck or ground beef
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp onion dried and minced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp cumin ground
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
Chilli Dog Sauce
- Brown the ground chuck in a 2 quart saucepan, breaking meat into very small pieces.
- While cooking, lightly season meat with salt and pepper.
- Do not drain the fat.
- Add the tomato paste, water, sugar, yellow mustard, onion, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes, uncovered, until it thickens.
- Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until time to slather on your frankfurter.
Cooking your frankfurter
- In a 2 quart saucepan, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Removing the saucepan from the heat, add frankfurter to the water.
- Cover and let sit about 10 minutes.
- After the frankfurter is done, microwave the chili dog sauce until steaming.
- Microwave hot dog roll for 10 seconds to warm.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!