Want to bring a little New Orleans into your home without having to spend a fortune? Well, with the recipe you can. One thing Golden Corral does well is Bourbon Street Chicken and this recipe captures the same intensity of flavour that people have come to know and love. And why yes, you can enjoy a shot of your favourite Bourbon Whiskey while you’re cooking, of course.
Bourbon Street Dark Meat Chicken (Golden Corral’s Bourbon Street Chicken)
- 1 lb chicken leg or thigh meat pulled apart or bite size chunks
- 4 oz Soy sauce
- ½ cup sugar brown
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powdered
- 2 tbsp onion dried minced
- ½ cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
- Mix Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, onion, and Bourbon Whiskey.
- Pour over chicken pieces in bowl.
- Marinate by covering and refrigerating for several hours or overnight, stirring often.
- When ready, drain off juices and save for basting.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and bake the chicken in a single layer, for one hour, basting every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan and heat, adding the white wine.
- Stir well and add the chicken, cooking for another minute.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!