I love this recipe. It brings together delicious chunks of chocolate with the crunchy goodness of walnuts in a bite-sized piece of heaven.
When making these cookies, you can have 24 medium-sized cookies or 48 mini cookies to share. This recipe also highlights the difference between British biscuits and American cookies. Both have their place, but cookies are just that little bit more special.
Get your baking hat on today and rustle up a batch. You won’t regret it!
Walnut & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 oz dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball.
- Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!