This fast, healthy, and delicious seared tuna dish comes together in one pan and is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve with a mixture of seasoned cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion for a light and refreshing meal.
Pan-Seared Tuna Steaks with “Melted” Lemon-Caper Sauce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 6 oz sushi-grade tuna steaks approximately ¾” thick
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 organic lemon sliced thin
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna steaks to a hot skillet and cook for approximately 2 minutes for rare (add one minute per side for medium).
- Flip tuna and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, depending on the desired level of doneness.
- Transfer tuna steaks to a plate and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil and chopped shallots to skillet, Sauté, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft and start to turn golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add white wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, and lemon slices to the skillet. Deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a spatula. Cook, stirring frequently until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium and add capers. Stir to combine and cook for another minute or until heated through.
- Transfer the tuna steaks onto individual serving plates and top with a “melted” lemon slice and a spoonful of the lemon-caper sauce and serve immediately with your favourite sides. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!