Hearty and warming, this soup is certainly filling. With long-grain brown rice, poblano peppers and minced beef. you can expect rich flavours to excite your palate.
Instant Pot Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 large Poblano peppers seeded and diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 3½ cup beef or chicken broth preferably organic
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice uncooked
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Add the olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of colour, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Turn the unit off and carefully drain any excess fat from the container.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set the cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 410kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 39gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 789mgPotassium: 1121mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 617IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!