Chicken breasts are a simple and nutritious dinner that can take on many flavours. This Italian-inspired recipe has some of the traditional flavours made famous in the country.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms cleaned and sliced thin
- 4 6 oz chicken breasts boneless, skinless, pounded to ¼” thick
- 1 cup chicken broth preferably organic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves fresh, chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 4 rosemary sprigs fresh
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to your Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add the red onion and Portobello mushrooms.½ medium red onion, 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms, 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook, stirring frequently until the onions soften and mushrooms start to release their liquid, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl and set aside.2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ medium red onion, 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the unit and season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper on both sides. Working in batches, if necessary, add the chicken to the Instant Pot® without overcrowding. Brown on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 4 6 oz chicken breasts, Sea salt and black pepper
- Remove the browned chicken from the unit and repeat the process with the remaining olive oil and chicken breasts, as needed.4 6 oz chicken breasts
- Return the mushrooms and onions to Instant Pot® and add the chicken broth, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Stir to combine.½ medium red onion, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, 4 rosemary sprigs, 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- Place the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® into the cooking container. Place the chicken breasts on top of the trivet and cover. Lock the lid and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust the setting to “high.” Set cook time to 10 minutes.4 6 oz chicken breasts
- When the cook time is finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Turn the unit off and remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese to the cooking liquid and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.4 oz goat cheese
- Serve immediately with some of the mushroom sauce spooned over each chicken breast. Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!2 tbsp rosemary leaves, 3 tbsp parsley
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!