These quick and easy Instant Pot baby back ribs are really tender and delicious. The cinnamon and rosemary in the dry rub complement the flavours in the savoury Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce, but the flavours pair well with just about any barbeque sauce you prefer.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2½ – 3 lb baby back ribs
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce* or BBQ sauce of choice
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the membrane from the back of the baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer the ribs to the prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!