Pad Thai, also known as PHat Thai or Phad Thai, is a simple stir-fried rice noodle dish popular as street food in Thailand. Pad Thai is typically made with rice noodles, shrimp, peanuts and other vegetables fried in a wok.
This version gives you a tasty starting point to create your own varation based on your favourite vegetables and other ingredients.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 eggs
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 3 shrimps
- 3 tbsp firm tofu diced
- 1 cup rice noodle soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 stalk green onion cut into centimeters
Step 1 : Pad Thai Sauce
- Mix the tamarind juice, oyster sauce, soy sauce, palm sugar, peanut butter together
Step 2 : Pad Thai
- Preheat a wok to medium heat, pour in the oil and stir fry the onion
- Add the shrimp, tofu, beaten egg, rice noodles and bean sprouts
- Add the Pad Thai sauce mixture you made earlier
- Continue to stir well
- Add the green onion, and mix well
- Remove from the heat, plate and serve
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!