Sometimes that craving for really good Chinese food hits you at the most inopportune moments. But that’s okay because you can now make your own right at home whenever you like. These noodles are absolute perfection. They are simple to make, savoury, and addictive. To make it a meal, simply add shrimp, chicken, or tofu.
Simple and Easy Chow Mein (Panda Express Chow Mein)
- 4 servings chow mein noodles dried
- 4 servings chow mein noodles
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 3 cup napa or other cabbage, chopped
- Prepare the chow mein noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, soy, garlic and ginger, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and celery for a few minutes, until soft. Then the cabbage and continue to saute until tender.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles and soy sauce mixture, tossing constantly until heated through and serve.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!