It’s really hard to properly enjoy a dessert like this after a full meal. That’s why they hope you’ll spend $6 to $8 on a slice, or better yet, take home a whole cake. But, you can make it at home for a fraction of the cost, and you can be assured that your ingredients are the freshest and healthiest too. Even though this is supposed to be a ‘copy cat’ it’s superior in many ways because you choose where the ingredients come from, and you know they’re the real thing and fresh.
Pecan-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake (The Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake)
For the base
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C) with rack in the center position.
- Using some of the butter, coat a 10" springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the butter with the graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup of the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Packing it tightly and evenly, press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- After cooling on a rack, wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminum foil.
For the filling
- Place the wrapped pan into a roasting pan.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat until just light. Scrape down bowl sides and beaters as needed.
- Whip in the sour cream.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt and the spices.
- Whip until just mixed and once done, pour into the cooled crust.
- Without pulling the rack out, gently place the roasting pan in the oven.
- Pour the boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes about halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake the cake about 1 hour 45 minutes, or until the outside of the cheesecake sets but the center is still loose.
- Turn off the oven, and open the door briefly to let out some heat.
- After leaving the cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour, carefully remove the springform pan from the roasting pan.
- Cool on a rack for at least an hour.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen it somewhat, and then cover pan and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or even overnight.
- 30 minutes before serving, bring the cheesecake to room temperature.
- Unlock and remove the springform ring.
- Place a spoonful of the whipped cream on each slice.
- Top with a sprinkle of the toasted pecans.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!