Kale is a cruciferous superfood, and this is a super delicious way to prepare it. Eating kale has been shown to reduce cholesterol, recipe cancer risks, and help detoxify the body. Due to the importance of kale, you’re going to start seeing it everywhere. It’s that important. This is a good foray into the world of kale. The fat in the soup will actually help your body absorb the important nutrients found in this green. Eat your greens. Eat your soup.
Italian Sausage Soup With Kale (Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 5 to 7 bacon slices
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cup chopped kale chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 qt water
- 2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- ½ large onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Using a baking sheet, crumble the sausage.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C) and bake until no longer pink, bout 30 minutes.
- Drain fat and grease off using paper towels.
- Fry or bake the bacon and crumble into small pieces.
- Slice the potatoes between ⅛ inch and ¼ inch, making the slices about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Using a large pot, toss the potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and water in together and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the sausage, bacon, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes start breaking apart into smaller bite sized pieces because they are so tender, turn the heat to low and add in the kale and heavy cream.
- Let the soup heat through and serve.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!