Meatloaf is a traditional American dish, loved by many families for it’s flavour, and by cooks because it can be deceptively easy to make.
Crowd Pleaser Meatloaf (Cracker Barrel Meatloaf)
You’re either a meatloaf person or you’re not. So they say. It’s pretty much a guarantee if you make this meatloaf your family will now become meatloaf people. It turns out perfect every single time, and has just the right flavors you remember from childhood. That’s why it’s such a popular order at this country style restaurant. People love it. You and your family will too, but from the happy comfort and warmth of home.
- 10 lb ground beef
- 30 oz onions roughly chopped into1/4-inch pieces
- 1 lb green bell peppers diced
- 10 eggs
- 5 tbsp salt
- 1½ tbsp black pepper
- 1½ qt canned tomatoes diced
- 2¼ cup biscuit crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Mix the ground beef, onions, green bell peppers, eggs, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and biscuit crumbs completely with gloved hand in large bowl.10 lb ground beef, 30 oz onions, 1 lb green bell peppers, 10 eggs, 5 tbsp salt, 1½ tbsp black pepper, 1½ qt canned tomatoes, 2¼ cup biscuit crumbs
- Divide into 3 loaf pans, pressing down with spoon.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 60 minutes.
- Remove loaf pans from oven.
- Invert each loaf over an 8" wire rack to drain grease and juice.
- Top each loaf with ½ cup of catsup.Catsup
- Slice into 5 to 6 ounce portions and keep warm until ready to serve.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!