One thing that everyone loves when they go out is the bread service. Red Lobster makes it extra special by bringing you biscuits (what Americans call savoury scones) with cheese in them. You can do this at home so easily and so inexpensively that you’ll never need to go back to an expensive restaurant again. You can even pass this job off to your child – with supervision of course. Since they’re drop biscuits, there is no need to flour a rolling pin or board.
Cheesy Garlic Biscuits (Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
- 2 ½ cup packaged baking mix
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup whole milk cold
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
To brush on top
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp parsley flakes dried
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine baking mix and cold butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Make sure not to mix it too thoroughly, allowing for small chunks of butter to remain in mixture.
- With your hands, mix in cheese, milk and garlic powder, until just combined.
- Drop portions onto an ungreased baking sheet, using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven after they finish baking.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, parsley and salt in a small bowl.
- Using a kitchen brush, smear all of the garlic butter on top of the biscuits.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!