Nothing can make most people happier than chocolate, including myself. Although since being diagnosed as Type II Diabetic, I have been very, very strict and have cut out all refined sugars. This means no chocolate for me. I know I could have some chocolate but, like a drug addict, a little is never enough!
When you add cherry to the delightful sensation it just makes it all the better. Then adding ice cream is really a mouthgasm to be sought after. It is full of healthy, wholesome ingredients that can make you feel good about feeding it to your family for an occasional treat (emphasis on the occasional). You and your family will be in ecstasy eating this tasty and easy-to-make dessert. All you need is an ice cream maker. Oh, and a little time!
Bing Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream (Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Ice Cream)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate bars shaved
- ¼ cup Bing cherries fresh halved and pitted
- 2 eggs large
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Using two separate bowls, place the shaved chocolate flakes in one and the cherries in the other.
- Cover bowls firmly and place in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Whisking in the sugar, a little at a time, continue to mix about 1 minute more, or until completely blended.
- Whisk in the cream and milk and stir well to blend.
- In an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, freeze concoction.
- Once the ice cream stiffens, add the chocolate and the cherries.
- Put back to freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!