Sometimes you just want something fast, tasty and filling. This shrimp fried rice recipe ticks all the boxes.
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ lbs. frozen shrimp thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup carrots finely diced
- 3 tbsp white onion finely diced
- 2 large green onions divided, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely minced
- ¾ tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cup cooked rice chilled
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Add one tablespoon butter to a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring and chopping with a spatula continually, until cooked through, approximately 2 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Add second tablespoon of butter to pan.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Transfer shrimp to the bowl with the eggs. (Shrimp will not be full cooked at this point).
- Add remaining butter to pan, along with the peas, carrots, onion, and white portion of green onions.
- Add fresh ginger and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook until vegetables are crisp tender, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, sesame oil, tamari, and green part of onions to pan and stir to combine.
- Return the shrimp and eggs to skillet and cook, stirring continually, until heated through and all ingredients are thoroughly combined, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with additional sliced green onion, if desired. Enjoy!
Time-Saving Tip: If possible, use 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrot blend in place of the measurements listed above. You can use normal soy sauce if you do not have any tamari or coconut aminos.
Calories: 544kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 29gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 401mgSodium: 740mgPotassium: 380mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2438IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 189mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!