Sometimes you just want something fast, tasty and filling. This shrimp fried rice recipe ticks all the boxes.
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ lb frozen shrimp thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup carrots finely diced
- 3 tbsp white onion finely diced
- 2 large green onions divided, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely minced
- ¾ tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cup cooked rice chilled
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Add one tablespoon butter to a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring and chopping with a spatula continually, until cooked through, approximately 2 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Add second tablespoon of butter to pan.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Transfer shrimp to the bowl with the eggs. (Shrimp will not be full cooked at this point).
- Add remaining butter to pan, along with the peas, carrots, onion, and white portion of green onions.
- Add fresh ginger and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook until vegetables are crisp tender, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, sesame oil, tamari, and green part of onions to pan and stir to combine.
- Return the shrimp and eggs to skillet and cook, stirring continually, until heated through and all ingredients are thoroughly combined, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with additional sliced green onion, if desired. Enjoy!
Time-Saving Tip: If possible, use 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrot blend in place of the measurements listed above. You can use normal soy sauce if you do not have any tamari or coconut aminos.
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 544kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 29gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 401mgSodium: 740mgPotassium: 380mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2438IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 189mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!