Labneh is a soft cheese made from strained yoghurt. It is easy to make at home by simply adding a bit of salt and straining the excess whey with the help of a strainer and some cheesecloth or other porous fabric.
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios
- 2 cup whole-fat plain yogurt
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 large ripe figs cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp local honey divided
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
To make the labneh
- Combine yoghurt and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended.
- Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position the strainer over a large, deep bowl.
- Transfer the yoghurt mixture to the lined strainer and cover. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 1-2 days. (The longer the yoghurt is strained, the firmer the labneh will become).
To prepare roasted figs
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet. Arrange sliced figs on a baking sheet, cut side up, and drizzle with some honey.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Drizzle with some local honey and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!