Here is another mashed potato recipe, showing the versatility of this simple side dish.
Instant Pot Creamy Mashed Red Potatoes
- 2 lb red potatoes washed and cubed
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- Place potatoes, garlic, and broth in Instant Pot®. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add the lid and flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position. Select the “Manual” option and adjust the setting to “high.” Set cook time to 8 minutes. When finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and add cream cheese. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher or an immersion blender until blended, but not completely smooth. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!
Calories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 232mgPotassium: 726mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 265IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!