Chicken Lanzone is said to have originated at Brennan’s restaurant in New Orleans. This flavourful, naturally low-carb recipe leverages a spice mixture of two parts garlic powder to one part of onion powder, chilli powder, and paprika. This version builds on this flavour profile with the introduction of sliced baby Portobello mushrooms.
Instant Pot Chicken Lanzone with Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 lb chicken breasts butterflied
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 10 oz baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth preferably organic
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, and chilli powder in a small bowl and stir to combine. Rub spice mixture into each butterflied chicken breast and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add one tablespoon of olive oil once hot. Add seasoned chicken breasts and brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. (Work in batches, if necessary, adding more olive oil as necessary). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining the olive oil to Instant Pot®, along with sliced Portobello mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms develop a nice golden brown colour, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and gently deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon in the process.
- Turn the unit off and return the chicken to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Position the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding a small amount of the hot cooking liquid to it before stirring it directly into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with some of the creamy sauce spooned over the chicken and mushrooms. Enjoy!
Members can add their own private notes to recipes!